While I think it pretty lame to use your first post in your blog to explain what a blog is, I’m struggling to think of anything that is worthy of being the ‘first post’ in my blog! I mean, there’s a lot of pressure here to be deep or profound, or to make this post something that years from now people will say, “It all started the day I read Karl Bastian’s first blog post…” or “I mark the true beginning of my life from the moment I read the first post on pastorkarl.com…” or “i knew my life was complete the day I happened to read Karl’s first blog post…” or something to that effect. Everyone knows what a blog is, so rather than say something predictable like ‘this is where I will post my thoughts and ideas for my family and friends to read’ – I’ll just start by saying that, well, by saying, really nothing at all. I will resist the urge to explain that this is the site I will use to post things that don’t fit on my other sites, or that are more personal in nature, or that I want to be able to remember or find later, or recommend to others, or to rant about things that annoy me or otherwise want to get from my brain to the world wide web – no, I know that it is better to just DO what the blog is here to do, rather than to SAY what it will do, because to explain it only wastes people’s time, and according to google.com, as of this moment, there are 8,058,044,651 other websites people could have been reading, so I don’t want to keep them from anything more important…. So if you read this far, sorry, BUT DO CHECK BACK!
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Meeting a Miracle
- The MOMstacle Course! Could You Handle a Mom’s Day?
- Are You a VIP? Very Intentional Parent?
- CPC Honors Me but the REAL Honor Goes to…..
- Join Me Online for the Coolest Preteen Onference!
- ¡Hola! Read My Article in entre niños (in English)
- Don’t Be the Kidmin Who Misses This!!
- Kidologist.com Makes Top Blog List Again
- It’s Coming…. Are You Ready?
- Time to Procrastinate
- My Blog Challenge to YOU!
- Kidology.org ON THE GO!
- Make Child Check-In Fast and Safe!
- How Do You Talk to Your kids About Tragedy? By Ron Brooks
- Securing the Perfect Performer for Your Church Event