Today I was guest teaching at a local church – and it happened to be the divisional play off game between the Broncos and the Chargers… which the Bronocos ended up winning later in the afternoon 24-17, though I didn’t know that when I was teaching! My topic was John’s baptism of Jesus – I explained that sports “fans” originated from religious “fanatics” and I compared how a fanatic, in the words of Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill, is “someone can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.” We stick with a team, often even after moving, because we are loyal, and sports fans often “won’t stop talking about them.” What if it were that way with our devotion to Jesus? We were sports gear to show our team spirit, what do we do to show our “Jesus spirit?” Of course, we can wear Christian t-shirts or put bumper stickers on our cars, but God came up with something better. It’s called Baptism. Below is a video of the lesson, and my lesson plan is linked below. The only thing not in the lesson plan is the magic appearing/disappearing dove and much of my puppet routine, but the basics…
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- ESCAPE CHURCH Event Kit!
- Gingerbread House Family Event Kit!
- The 3 Penny Missionary Game
- Proactive Leadership
- THE NO RULES GAME!
- The LEAST vs. GREATEST GAME!
- NEW Outpost Set!
- The First Kidology FLASH CLASS – Fortnight!
- Breakthrough Movie Triumphs!
- Honoring a Humble Pioneer, Dale VonSeggon
- Living a Legacy – A Tribute to My Friend Craig Jutila
- Jesus is Proof – God Prefers the Unlikely
- Led to Jesus by Candy
- KidCheck is a Leader in Child Safety – See Why!
- FALL Checklist Time for Your Kidmin!
Looking for Kidmin Ideas?
Be sure to visit Kidology.org, the Internet’s leading resource for curriculum, resources, training, tools and more!