This was an amazingly fun year to be a Bronco fan. I feel bad for those who only joined the season for the Super Bowl, where we got soundly defeated, because they missed an incredible season that was extremely entertaining! I don’t deny the Seahawks fans their gloating just as I would have were it reversed. But in the end, we spectators can take no credit nor share no blame for what happens in a football game. We can only watch and cheer or groan. Only the players are champions or losers, not us. So go be a Champion in life in the arena that is yours – that is worth cheering on, Denver, Seattle or Anywhere! As I listen to all the “experts” whether on TV, radio or sitting in an armchair discuss this Bronco defeat… my thoughts go immediately to the words of Theodore Roosevelt who made the point so clearly that it is easy to criticize – the credit goes to the men on the field, win or lose, for they are the ones who are actually in the arena playing the game! The rest is just words. Read how Teddy said it: “It is not the …
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What Re-Creates You?
- Judging Books by Their Covers
- Making Lessons Relational
- Back from my 47th CPC!
- Making the Most of CPC (or any Kidmin Conference)
- Capturing Kids’ Imaginations When You Teach
- 20 Years of Thankfulness!
- Improve Your Ministry in 2016!
- How to be an AWESOME Small Group Leader
- It Just Stacks Up!
- How Do You Teach Abstract Knowledge to Kids?
- No More Sinner’s Prayer in Kidmin?
- Sharing the Gospel to Get Results
- Quick Mac Tip: Get to your files faster
- Get Results From Being Positive