Friday, I ditched work (something that’s a little easier to do when yer da boss!) and headed out to the mountains for a day hike with a friend to check out a hike to three lakes up in the mountains east of Idaho Springs. And it turned out to be a beautiful way to spend the day. Dinner on Friday was the beginning of our church’s “Men’s Advance” (real men don’t ‘retreat’) in Fraser, CO, so I decided to spend the day hiking to get into the right frame of mind to the men’s retreat… ooops, advance. It was a beautiful day and the aspens were in full yellow changing! The first lake, Chinns, had an old cabin on it that we had lunch in it. It was pretty awesome wondering the history of this settlement. The next lake, Sherman, was less exciting, but it did have a cool tree out in it that we posed for some pictures out on. Another view of Chinns Lake from up above on our way to Slater Lake. Here is Craig Wilson checking out Slater Lake, and as you can see, there was snow still on the hillside belong the lake… where we…
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What’s Missing? A New Social Distance Game
- ZILCH! The Game of Greed!
- Social Distance GAMES!
- Church Reopening Resources
- July Family Table Talker Available
- NEW: A Word from Wilbur
- Time to Rethink How You Measure Success
- COVID-19 HELP for Kidmin is HERE!
- Cast Your Burdens Game!
- Host an Easter EGGstravaganza!
- The Secret to Discipling Kids!
- Head, Shoulders, Knees and CUP! FUN Youth Group Game
- Karl’s KidCheck Review
- There is NO “Baby Yoda”
- FREE eBook: It’s About Relationships
Looking for Kidmin Ideas?
Be sure to visit Kidology.org, the Internet’s leading resource for curriculum, resources, training, tools and more!