My son is loving that a house is now being built next door! I already blogged my thoughts on how the framing of the foundation related to fatherhood, but now the foundation is complete – and Luke has left his mark: Luke’s day now consists mostly of watching these men work, and then going and mimicking their work in his own giant sandbox. At lunch today be informed us, “It’s O.K. To go to lunch, my workers are at lunch right now too. I have ten workers, you know.” He’s the foreman of his backyard construction site and gives us daily reports at dinner of his workers progress each day, in creative detail. You can only imagine his sheer excitement when a huge truck arrived today and dropped off two massive piles of rocks next to our house! He loves imagining the house that will be built upon this foundation. “The house will be up here, Dad!” As I watch this boy of mine, I too wonder… What will HE hold up one day? What will be built upon his life? Some of his accomplishments and how God uses him, I will get to see, much may be after I’m …
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What’s Your Theology of Children’s Ministry?
- Steve Jobs Created the iPad for Kidmin!
- Awana Get Some Apps!
- Visiting Awana HQ for the Inside Scoop
- We All Got “Stuff”
- No More “Tannerization” at Kidology
- Be God’s Man in God’s Place
- We Are ALL Adopted! Single Kids Church Lesson
- The Day the King Unlocked the Gates (free eBook for kids)
- Old Gospel Tools – Same Timeless Message
- Kids Church = Noise Issue in Room 100
- That Which Shall Not Be Named, Obama and Feet
- Kingdom Kids Historical Documents
- Avoiding a Train Wreck with Coaching
- Everything is Proceeding as God Has Foreseen