As “live blogged” in my last post, I was fortunate to be able to attend an advanced screening of the new Veggie Pirate Movie. Since Kidology has volunteered to be a promotional partner (we do not accept paid advertising) I was just a little nervous… what if I don’t like it? (not that this was likely coming from Big Idea, but it’s our first time being an official promotional sponsor, so positivity is kinda assumed.) Well, not only can I rest at ease – you can too! THE MOVIE IS FANTASTIC! And exceeded even my high expectations! Any concerns of it feeling too long (“half an hour” is part of the Veggie theme song!) or missing the mark of appealing to a wide range of ages quickly evaporated. Steve Tanner and I with our shirts we won answering movie trivia at the end! I’m happy to let you know that the movie hit all the marks for me! Great for kids! Humor for adults too Great message MANY teachable points Visually stunning Creative and fast paced With the recent hit of “other other Pirate movies” – I wondered if it would feel like the thrill of pirates had faded. (They …
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What’s Your Theology of Children’s Ministry?
- Steve Jobs Created the iPad for Kidmin!
- Awana Get Some Apps!
- Visiting Awana HQ for the Inside Scoop
- We All Got “Stuff”
- No More “Tannerization” at Kidology
- Be God’s Man in God’s Place
- We Are ALL Adopted! Single Kids Church Lesson
- The Day the King Unlocked the Gates (free eBook for kids)
- Old Gospel Tools – Same Timeless Message
- Kids Church = Noise Issue in Room 100
- That Which Shall Not Be Named, Obama and Feet
- Kingdom Kids Historical Documents
- Avoiding a Train Wreck with Coaching
- Everything is Proceeding as God Has Foreseen