As many of my readers know, I write the Kid’s Church curriculum for DiscipleLand and it is called DiscipleTown. It’s focus is on “Disciple Skills” – 24 units that cover twenty-four skills every fully developed disciple of Jesus needs to master. I am currently writing the 22nd unit. The series is designed for larger group with small group option and to be teacher led with many creative options (more than you can fit in a single week!) with several multimedia options. I was very encouraged to get the following note this week from Marion Tims, a volunteer minister who describes herself as a 10 year veteran professional educator and home school mom and “to be honest, hard to impress.” She writes about DiscipleTown… Karl, I just want you to know how much I have enjoyed finding the DiscipleTown curriculum. As the Children’s Director of a 300+ church, we started a Children’s Church in 2011. With my background in education, I knew I wanted a curriculum that would teach clearly and concisely Biblical principles in a creative, multi-media format. Having attended a mega church in the Atlanta area where they had a vibrant, active children’s ministry, I knew I wanted to duplicate…
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- 50 Life Lessons I’ve Learned
- NEW! Pastor Karl’s Bedtime Stories Podcast
- Number Swap! Another Social Distance Game!
- What’s Missing? A New Social Distance Game
- ZILCH! The Game of Greed!
- Social Distance GAMES!
- Church Reopening Resources
- July Family Table Talker Available
- NEW: A Word from Wilbur
- Time to Rethink How You Measure Success
- COVID-19 HELP for Kidmin is HERE!
- Cast Your Burdens Game!
- Host an Easter EGGstravaganza!
- The Secret to Discipling Kids!
- Head, Shoulders, Knees and CUP! FUN Youth Group Game
Looking for Kidmin Ideas?
Be sure to visit Kidology.org, the Internet’s leading resource for curriculum, resources, training, tools and more!