This week, my pastor took the staff from my church, Highpoint Church, on a field trip to visit every location of Highpoint Church since its founding in 1933. A few of the buildings no longer exist, but we stood where they once were and thanked God for the faithfulness of those who came before us and their vision for our city and their faithfulness to their calling. The church made such an impact in it’s community, that the city of Aurora, Colorado gifted them the land for their second location. Imagine your city appreciating you so much that they give you land so your ministry can expand? This building was purchased debt free as the ministry continued to grow. At the third location we watched a drug deal happen in the middle of the street as we gathered. This is the location Highpoint was at the longest. Land was purchased and a new building was begun when the economy tanked, construction was halted and Highpoint had six weeks to vacate this building and became a mobile church for a refining season. It was a journey through amazing stories of nearly 90 years of God’s miraculous provision through the years, many…
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Are You Called to Minister to Children?
- Touring a Legacy
- The Wordless Book UPDATED!
- Bring a Kid to Church
- Growing Up vs. Growing Old
- Discover the Power of “Imaginative Conversation”
- The post that bugs me the most.
- Ikinagagalak akong makillala kayo! HUH!?
- An Awesome Adventure with Parents
- The Laughing Classroom is the Learning Classroom
- How to Start a School from SCRATCH!
- Adult Care Provided in the Main Auditorium
- “Thank you for that great program!” said no kid ever.
- Root for the Underdog!
- Do As I Say, Not As I Do
Looking for Kidmin Ideas?
Be sure to visit Kidology.org, the Internet’s leading resource for curriculum, resources, training, tools and more!