Over on the Kidology Forums, someone asked: I need a simple lesson plan explaining the origin of Easter eggs and bunnies. I don’t think much explanation is necessary. Since the eggs and bunnies have nothing to do with our Christian celebration, I think the simplest explanation is that they related to springtime when we are happy that winter is over. Spring also represents that new life will be coming forth from eggs, and nothing seems to represent new life as cutely as a bunny. However, as Christians, we think nothing represents new life better than JESUS, who proved he can not only bring new life, but he can even raise up the dead to new life! I completely ignore the history of pagan celebrations with children. They are irrelevant and confusing to kids, and they are really just ancient history that has no bearing on today’s culture anyway. That isn’t why the eggs and bunnies are here today, so it’s a bit of a straw man. I would guess most of my non-Christian friends would take a slight offense at (or just laugh off) me accusing them of decorating with eggs and bunnies because of some ancient secular celebration that …
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- CPC Honors Me but the REAL Honor Goes to…..
- Join Me Online for the Coolest Preteen Onference!
- ¡Hola! Read My Article in entre niños (in English)
- Don’t Be the Kidmin Who Misses This!!
- Kidologist.com Makes Top Blog List Again
- It’s Coming…. Are You Ready?
- Time to Procrastinate
- My Blog Challenge to YOU!
- Kidology.org ON THE GO!
- Make Child Check-In Fast and Safe!
- How Do You Talk to Your kids About Tragedy? By Ron Brooks
- Securing the Perfect Performer for Your Church Event
- Sending Kids on a MISSION!
- Creatively Reaching Kids, with Spinners!
- Stop Trying to Bear Good Fruit!