My podcast this week is in response to a post in the Kidology forum where a Kidology member laments, I’m working at a new church and realize that the youth don’t know that much about the God’s Word or Jesus. I’ve sat and scratched my head trying to figure out what approach to take. Many of the youth have been coming to the church as kids, but haven’t really learned about a relationship with Jesus. ….they aren’t interested and neither are the parents. The majority of the youth ….are moving on and the youth director assigned to their age group is clueless. They focus on events rather than ministering to the kids. I’m about to pull my hair out because I feel like I’m the only one who see’s the problem. HELP!” If I had to answer you in one would, it would be: DISCIPLESHIP. The church today spends too much time and energy and money trying to turn out disciples through mass/large groups ‘events’ and what you describe is the results. “The proof is in the pudding” as the saying goes. If you want to see the solution, you have to look no further than the ministry of Jesus. …
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Kingdom Kids Historical Documents
- Avoiding a Train Wreck with Coaching
- Everything is Proceeding as God Has Foreseen
- What is Easter About Anyway?
- A Dad’s Gotta Do What a Dad’s Gotta Do!
- Scientifically AMAZING VBS!
- The Idiot’s Cube
- The Gospel Rubix Cube!
- Get $200 in Kidmin Training!
- Kidology Coaching Saves CP from Trash Compactor!
- CPC14 Resource Center Interviews!
- Heaven is for Real Review
- Making the Most of CPC (Or any Kidmin Conference)
- Time to UNPLUG and Reconnect
- Orange Crushed? No, Thankful!