Facebook asked me yesterday if I’d like to know what words I use the most when I post to my wall. It seemed like a fun activity. After clicking my approval, some software somewhere read my wall, compiled words, and sorted them by frequency. The result was the word cloud you see here. I was happy to see “kids” front and center and my son’s name as well. It was no surprise to see “church” or “Yosemite” – though my wife teased me that my friend Brett bumped her off the list, which does cast a little doubt on the accuracy, but at least Brent affirmed that I made his list too! Of course, Facebook only provides a glimpse into our lives, and the parts of our lives that we choose to share – but it’s worth some reflection to ask ourselves, What am I about? What drives me? What do I talk about? What do I think about? Life is made up of words and words reflect the heart. (Luke 6:45 and Matthew 15:18 discuss this.) Whether or not you allow Facebook to count your words, consider if God counted our words and made a list of what typically…
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The 3 Penny Missionary Game
- Proactive Leadership
- THE NO RULES GAME!
- The LEAST vs. GREATEST GAME!
- NEW Outpost Set!
- The First Kidology FLASH CLASS – Fortnight!
- Breakthrough Movie Triumphs!
- Honoring a Humble Pioneer, Dale VonSeggon
- Living a Legacy – A Tribute to My Friend Craig Jutila
- Jesus is Proof – God Prefers the Unlikely
- Led to Jesus by Candy
- KidCheck is a Leader in Child Safety – See Why!
- FALL Checklist Time for Your Kidmin!
- What Will You Leave Behind?
- Making Your Communication Personal and FUN with Bitmoji!
Looking for Kidmin Ideas?
Be sure to visit Kidology.org, the Internet’s leading resource for curriculum, resources, training, tools and more!