“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 If Jesus came to give us abundant life (John 10:10) and to make our joy complete (John 15:11), then why are so many in ministry worn out, stressed out, and secretly ready to drop out of ministry? Why is it that so often those who know they were called by God to serve Him find themselves second-guessing that same call when life and ministry become almost more than they can bear? Whenever I am asked to speak or write on “avoiding burn out,” I can’t help chuckling to myself. Not because the topic is funny, but because the joke is on me. I know that when I needed to hear such things, I was unable or unwilling to. Why? I loved ministry! I was driven by the pressure that comes from wanting to make a difference. My favorite Calvin and Hobbes quote was when Calvin declared, “I …
Karl Says Check Out:
SORT MY POSTS:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Cool Kidmin Idea: The VIP Couch
- My Magic Video Goes Viral
- His Kidmin Yoke is Easy
- Kidology.org Makes a “TOP 25″ List
- Make ‘Em Laugh!
- Bring a Familiar Bible Story to Life
- What is your WOW factor?
- Happy Birthday Me, Got the new iPhone 7 Today
- Celebrating a Year at Kids Rock
- Kidmin on Steroids!
- What Re-Creates You?
- Judging Books by Their Covers
- Making Lessons Relational
- Back from my 47th CPC!
- Making the Most of CPC (or any Kidmin Conference)